JOIN HEATHER STANG via ZOOM
Author of Mindfulness & Grief and the guided journal From Grief To Peace
free professional development
for Grief & Loss
Wednesday January 10
8:00 -11:00 PST | 11:00 - 2:00 EST
This is a live event with limited space.
Explore the power of Yoga Therapy for Grief with Heather Stang, yoga therapist, thanatologist, and author. This comprehensive 3-hour training introduces the contemporary theories and research in grief, and factors to consider when working with bereaved clients.
Learn how meditation, movement, and journaling can support resilience through grief, following Heather's unique 8-step Mindfulness & Grief System, as featured in the Handbook of Grief Therapies.
The goal of this workshop is to cultivate authentic understanding and empower clients to grieve in their way. Join this transformative session and redefine the way you approach grief through yoga therapy.
- Grief 101: Examine contemporary grief theories, research, and bust pervasive myths.
- The Grieving Body-Mind: Understand the many ways grief impacts mind, body, behaviors, relationships, and more.
- Mindfulness-based Grief Therapy: Learn how meditation, movement/yoga, and journaling can help reduce physiological symptoms, and help clients learn to live life after loss.
- Experiential Practice: Try out a sample movement practice that I share with my students.
- Q&A: Get your questions answered live by Heather
Remember, there's no one-size-fits-all when it comes to grief. In this session, we will discuss how to provide guidance while allowing clients to grieve in their unique way.
Based on my 8-step Mindfulness & Grief System featured in my books and the Handbook of Grief Therapies, this training is an opportunity to grow and redefine your approach to grief therapy.
I hope you will join me!